Out On The Plots This Week:
Things around the Forest/Forage Garden were looking pretty miserable, with everything covered in leaves, so I set to, cleared leaves and rotted woodchip
from the paths, added it to the growing areas, and put new woodchip on the paths. Having the definition between where you walk and where things grow immediately made a difference. Once I had cleared the dead stems of Japanese Anemone and Coronaria away,
the fresh growth of Muscari leaves could be seen, together with a few Primrose plants, as well as masses of Forget-me-nots coming up. Much more relaxing to look at.
I also spotted several self-sown Black Seeded Simpson lettuces too, which made me think
that perhaps next Spring I could sow a few seeds of Salad leaves. The might do quite well in the more open shady areas, despsite the acual soil still being quite shallow. It will build up over time though. I put new wooden edging along one side of the path,
to retain the soil a bit, or it spills onto the path.
I cleared up around the pallet compost bins too, as the paving was slippery with fallen leaves, and some seedlings of Goosegrass were coming up. Good to get these out before they run everywhere
again, such a nuisance with their sticky seed balls