I have one more batch of Mixed Tomato Chutney in mind, maybe more dehydrated Tomaotes, and some Chilli Jelly for this coming week
The Jobs List has varied a bit, with bits being added, such as the Forest Garden work, having the two Perennial
Wallflower plant up and die on me (The seller is sending two more) and spending a considerable amount of time discussing Self management proposals from the Local Council with other plot holders in preparation for a meeting yesterday, when a large number of
plot holders voted for dealing with the waiting list and the on-site waste ourselves. Big changes afoot there then!
I have however cleaned and bagged up (labelled) all the saved seeds so far: Honesty, Cornflower, Nigella, Mallow, Hollyhocks, Aquilegia,
Parsnip and Perennial Kale)
The biggest job oustanding is pruning the fruit bushes and removing the fruit cage net, but that can wait for a week or two with no harm done, which is just as well
I also decided against planting more French beans,
as I have plenty still growing, and will sow overwintering Peas (rather than Sugar Snaps) for the polytunnel. I am away next week on a Fishing holiday with my brother, so have jobs essential to do before then:
the grass at home and at the plot
- Remove spent Tomato plants etc from the pots in the drive and plant up with flowers (plants are ready) Take waste to the allotment to compost. amd empty home compost buckets
- pick all ripe and part ripe Tomatoes,
including any at home, and ripe Beans. Share these if unable to use them. Pick any Bramley Apples still on the tree and store in fridge
- Hoe over the bed where Shallots etc will be planted and cover temporarily to suppress further weed growth
- GIve the beds in the polytunnel a really good soak
- two lots of Neem oil spray on Brassicas in the tunnel, plus those outside if can possibly squeeze the time
-put the Potatoes away in their sacks
- Tomato Chutney, Chilli Jelly and
And that will have to do!!
If i have wifi I shall post next week, and you'll see how much of this I actually manage to complete!!