At home I have potted on lots of flowers this week: zinnias, asters, sweet williams and African marigolds as well as some coleus, masses of tomatoes, the cucumbers, gherkins and courgettes. The number of pots in the greenhouse has now reached
critical mass, with literally no space for anything more until something moved out to the giant cold frame at the plot. So out went the agyranthemums, and the mangetout seedlings, which are actually just hardening off before I plant them out, to makeenough
space to squeeze in some modules of beans, sown into a mix of multipurpose compost, coir and perlite:
Runners - Moonlight, Benchmaster, Firestorm plus a few seeds of an un-named peach flowered variety from last year's Seed Circle
Climbing French - Carminat, Blue Lake & a Yellow Podded un-named variety
Dward French - Orinoco and Dorado, both of which have yellow pods (oops!)
They are sitting under the staging until they germinate. Where they go then depends
on the weather, but hopefully they can be hardened off and planted out pretty quickly
Then a dozen free fuchsia plants arrived, which I had forgotten were coming (!) These are currently precariously balanced between the edge of
a trough and a pot holding a standard fuchsia, and so far I have managed to water things without knocking them off.
We did attempt to erect the small plastic grenhouse stored in the shed at the plot, thinking it might provide a home for some of
the less tender plants, but we couldn't find the connectors to join the sections together... end of plan arrghhh!!!